Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is fantastic; a cross between a popover, pancake and omelet. It is slightly chewey. Their recipe said to dump everything in a blender and blend well. I don't have one so I changed the recipe to reflect that. Really great with berry preserves. They also used whole milk, but it's not necessary.
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 4 large eggs
- 1⁄2 cup low-fat milk
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Heat even to 425. In one bowl, mix the flour and sugar. In a second bowl, mix the eggs, milk, vanilla, lemon zest and salt. Combine the two bowls, whisking until well-blended.
- Heat a 9- to 10-inch cast-iron skillet over medium heat. Add butter; melt. Pour batter into skillet. Put skillet in the oven. Bake until puffed and golden 12 - 15 minutes.
- Serving ideas: confectioner's sugar, squeeze of lemon, raspberry/blackberry preserves, honey butter, etc.