1/2 Photos of German Pancake Soup
This is my MIL's recipe that she has made for years. My whole family loves it. DH even loves putting jam and a sprinkle of sugar on the pancakes. He rolls them up and will eat them for breakfast. They are like a crepe. Some people like to just put the broth over the cut pancakes others like it with the veggies.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 beef soup bone (I have used beef short ribs)
- 1 tomato, small, diced
- 2 green onions, finely sliced
- 1 clove, whole
- 2 peppercorns
- 1 small bay leaf
- 1 medium carrot, sliced
- 1 celery heart, sliced
- 2 beef bouillon cubes
- 1Prepare pancakes while soup is simmering.
- 2To prepare soup put all ingredients except beef bouillon cubes into a 3 quart pot.
- 3Pour enough water to cover about 1 inch from top.
- 4Bring to a boil.
- 5Lower heat to a simmer and simmer for 45 minutes.
- 6Put in the beef bouillon cubes and salt and pepper to taste.
- 7Cook 5 minutes longer.
- 8Remove bay leaf and soup bone.
- 9To prepare pancakes put all ingredients into a medium bowl and stir well.
- 10Let stand for 15 minutes.
- 11Heat a small amount of oil in a large skillet.
- 12Cook pancakes flipping when top dries out.
- 13Remove from skillet onto paper towels.
- 14Roll up pancakes and let cool.
- 15Cut pancakes into thin slices.
- 16Put pancakes in bottom of soup bowl and top with soup.
Browse Our Top Clear Soup Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Clear Soup Recipes
Nutritional Facts for German Pancake Soup
Serving Size: 1 (144 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 125.3
- Calories from Fat 39
- Total Fat 4.3 g
- Saturated Fat 1.8 g
- Cholesterol 111.6 mg
- Sodium 454.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 2.3 g
- Protein 6.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: