Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
My sister gave me this recipe several years ago. She got it from a women's magazine but unfortunately I can't remember which one. This is my favorite recipe for german pancake, it comes out of the oven puffed up huge and tastes wonderful with powdered sugar and fresh squeezed lemon juice on top.
- 6 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup flour
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 -2 tablespoon powdered sugar
- Heat oven to 400, whisk together eggs, milk, flour, sugar & salt in a large bowl.
- Melt butter in ovenproof skillet (10" cast iron best) over medium heat. Pour egg
- mixture into hot skillet.
- Carefully transfer hot skillet to 400 oven and bake for 20 min or until pancake is.
- golden and puffed.
- Sift confectioners sugar over top of pancake and serve immediately or serve with fruit on top.
This is so easy, so delicious and so pretty that I got a little carried away with my photos! Lol! I used my cast iron skillet as recommended although I'm eager to try this in my All Clad 12-inch skillet that would make the pancake a bit flatter, which my DH would prefer. For him, this was too un-cake like. It was perfect to me because it was very custard-like. This would be a great addition to a brunch buffet or to whip up quickly in the morning for overnight guests. Thanks, Mega! Made for PAC Fall 2012.