I absolutely LOVE these! Traditionally served with lemon wedges - but MUCH better with lime! Easy to make, and great reheated!
- Preheat oven to 425.
- Beat first three ingredients just enough to moisten flour.
- Melt butter in ~12" oven proof non stick skillet then add oil. Tip pan to coat bottom and sides of pan.
- Pour mixture in prepared pan.
- Bake at 425 for 25-30 minutes until golden brown.
- Cut pancake into 4 wedges and serve by sprinkling liberally with lemon (or lime) juice and powdered sugar.
This is exactly what I was looking for. I don't eat a lot of flour and was looking for a more "eggy" version. Never tried lime on a german pancake before and this is the first time I made one in my cast iron skillet. I ate the whole thing and have added it to my repertoire.
When I made it the first time I followed the directions but, it was to eggy for my family. The second time I made it I only used 2 eggs and dumped ground cinnamon in to the mix and it came out awsome. The family loves and it is not as eggy tasting.
It is a yummy pancake. However mine didn't turn out like the photo at all. It came out like a cake and didn't fall in the center. I used self rising flour which could have been the problem. I'll defiantly try this again.