Recipe by Carambola
I absolutely LOVE these! Traditionally served with lemon wedges - but MUCH better with lime! Easy to make, and great reheated!
Top Review by Lisascarpello
This is exactly what I was looking for. I don't eat a lot of flour and was looking for a more "eggy" version. Never tried lime on a german pancake before and this is the first time I made one in my cast iron skillet. I ate the whole thing and have added it to my repertoire.
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 4 eggs
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon margarine
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- lemon wedges (Traditional) or lime wedge
- powdered sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 425.
- Beat first three ingredients just enough to moisten flour.
- Melt butter in ~12" oven proof non stick skillet then add oil. Tip pan to coat bottom and sides of pan.
- Pour mixture in prepared pan.
- Bake at 425 for 25-30 minutes until golden brown.
- Cut pancake into 4 wedges and serve by sprinkling liberally with lemon (or lime) juice and powdered sugar.