Recipe by andypandy
this is usually served when tasting wine and beer in Germany. A good easy tasty recipe. Serve hot, or room temp. Bake in a large baking sheet, ( cookie pan with sides.)
- 2 1⁄2 lbs white onions or 2 1⁄2 lbs yellow onions
- 4 ounces butter
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 4 large eggs
- 1 pint sour cream
- 1 tablespoon caraway seed (or enough for your taste)
- 1 large yeast bread dough, enough for a large size pizza
Directions See How It's Made
- Line a large slightly oiled pizza pan with your favourite pizza yeast dough, about 1/4 inch thick.
- I usually use a large cookie sheet with low sides.
- Press dough on bottom and give slight edges.
- Fry onions slowly in the butter.
- Do not brown the onions, make them transparent and cooked but not browned.
- Beat eggs with the salt, sour cream, flour, and seeds.
- Mix in the cooked onions and butter.
- Pour over the pizza dough.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 40- 50 minutes or until knife comes out clean.
- Serve hot, or at room temperature.