Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
this is usually served when tasting wine and beer in Germany. A good easy tasty recipe. Serve hot, or room temp. Bake in a large baking sheet, ( cookie pan with sides.)
- 2 1⁄2 lbs white onions or 2 1⁄2 lbs yellow onions
- 4 ounces butter
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 4 large eggs
- 1 pint sour cream
- 1 tablespoon caraway seed (or enough for your taste)
- 1 large yeast bread dough, enough for a large size pizza
- Line a large slightly oiled pizza pan with your favourite pizza yeast dough, about 1/4 inch thick.
- I usually use a large cookie sheet with low sides.
- Press dough on bottom and give slight edges.
- Fry onions slowly in the butter.
- Do not brown the onions, make them transparent and cooked but not browned.
- Beat eggs with the salt, sour cream, flour, and seeds.
- Mix in the cooked onions and butter.
- Pour over the pizza dough.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 40- 50 minutes or until knife comes out clean.
- Serve hot, or at room temperature.
This was a good recipe. A good snack food to make to eat while watching a game on TV. Thank you for sharing.
I have made this recipe twice (Octoberfest at home & office luncheon) with excellent results & multiple requests for the recipe. The pizza dough was made in the food processor in only a few minutes. My type of recipe...not a lot of work & great dish. Thanks so much for the posting!
OMG this is the best and it rminds me of my vacations with my parents in the area of Fulda. Thanks for sharing this ...made me all emotinal .... ~Ri