Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
Got this off the web also, but it sounds good.
- 4 slices thick bacon, diced
- 2 cups peeled and chopped onions
- 2 beaten eggs
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground pepper
- 9 inches pie crusts, unbaked
- Sauté bacon; drain excess fat from pan.
- Add onions and sauté until clear.
- Do not brown them.
- Set aside to cool.
- Beat eggs and sour cream together in medium bowl.
- Sprinkle flour on top of egg mixture and beat.
- Stir in salt and pepper.
- Prick bottom of shell with a fork.
- Spread onions and bacon over bottom of pie shell.
- Pour sour cream over top.
- Bake 15 minutes at 400°F and reduce heat and bake another 15 minutes at 350°F or until pie is lightly brown.
- Serve hot.
Amazing recipe Nora. :) You'd think this was created just for me. The only change I made was to add some parsley to the egg mixture. I did cut the recipe in half and bake in 6 - 3" tart shells. They baked up beautifully in the toaster over too. Perfect for lunch. This would be great as a hot appetizers. Made in honour of Your Ed.
This was soooo goood! We had this with a tossed salad, and the apartment smelled like heaven. For the onion, I used Vidalia. Thank you so much for a great Friday night dinner!