Recipe by Clara12
Posted by request - instructions, American equivalents to German products and measurements by HeatherFeather. Thank you so much!
Top Review by HeatherFeather
This is a delicious noodle salad. I couldn't stop eating it - it is sooo addictive. I had tasted a nudelsalat at a dinner party in Germany and never got the recipe, so Clara very kindly helped me out by sharing her recipe. This is even better than the one I had tasted. I recommend lining a large serving bowl with bright leafy greens, then filling with this salad to make it look nice on the table. Simply delicious!
- 4 cups uncooked macaroni noodles, cooked according to package directions in chicken broth (enough to cook noodles in)
- 1 jar cornichon, chopped,drained,saving some of the pickling juice (baby pickles)
- 3 cups diced mild summer sausage or 3 cups bologna
- 1 cup canned baby peas, drained,reserving some canning liquid (LeSeuer)
- 2 cups gouda cheese, diced
- 4 hard-boiled eggs, chopped
- 3⁄4 cup plain yogurt (or to taste)
- 3⁄4 cup thomy remoulade sauce (or to taste)
- 1 teaspoon water, saved from canned peas
- 2 -4 tablespoons brine, saved from cornichons
- 2 teaspoons German mustard (brown, slightly spicy)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- fresh ground black pepper (about 25 grinds)
- 3 -4 dashes fondor german seasoning, blend or 3 -4 dashes Accent seasoning (similar American counterpart)
- 1 cup of canned baby carrots, drained,and sliced (LeSeuer)
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix ingredients for the dressing and mix well with cooked noodles (<=still luke warm).
- Check the seasonings& adjust the flavor as needed after it chilled, and might even add a little extra Remoulade or yogurt, if needed, tomorrow.
- It certainly does drink up the dressing quickly!