Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
Posted by request - instructions, American equivalents to German products and measurements by HeatherFeather. Thank you so much!
- 4 cups uncooked macaroni noodles, cooked according to package directions in chicken broth (enough to cook noodles in)
- 1 jar cornichon, chopped,drained,saving some of the pickling juice (baby pickles)
- 3 cups diced mild summer sausage or 3 cups bologna
- 1 cup canned baby peas, drained,reserving some canning liquid (LeSeuer)
- 2 cups gouda cheese, diced
- 4 hard-boiled eggs, chopped
- 3⁄4 cup plain yogurt (or to taste)
- 3⁄4 cup thomy remoulade sauce (or to taste)
- 1 teaspoon water, saved from canned peas
- 2 -4 tablespoons brine, saved from cornichons
- 2 teaspoons German mustard (brown, slightly spicy)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- fresh ground black pepper (about 25 grinds)
- 3 -4 dashes fondor german seasoning, blend or 3 -4 dashes Accent seasoning (similar American counterpart)
- 1 cup of canned baby carrots, drained,and sliced (LeSeuer)
- Mix ingredients for the dressing and mix well with cooked noodles (<=still luke warm).
- Check the seasonings& adjust the flavor as needed after it chilled, and might even add a little extra Remoulade or yogurt, if needed, tomorrow.
- It certainly does drink up the dressing quickly!
This is a delicious noodle salad. I couldn't stop eating it - it is sooo addictive. I had tasted a nudelsalat at a dinner party in Germany and never got the recipe, so Clara very kindly helped me out by sharing her recipe. This is even better than the one I had tasted. I recommend lining a large serving bowl with bright leafy greens, then filling with this salad to make it look nice on the table. Simply delicious!
This was very different than anything I've ever had, and it was delicious. Couldn't find 'German seasonings" (not even sure what those are), so used Accent. Made it in the morning & we ate it with a sandwich for dinner. We both snarfed it up! I'll make this a lot -- thanks for sharing!
Made this for a family reunion - it was gone pretty quickly! Next time I think I'll chill the salad and add the dressing right before I serve it - it really does soak it up! It didn't really get dried out, but wasn't as moist as I wanted - but still really good! Easy to make and makes a ton! Perfect for a potluck!