Recipe by Nif
An easy recipe that I got from a real German! LOL! This is a simple and traditional German dish and every family has their own recipe. It can be prepared for the next day's picnic or barbecue. Its perfect with fried fish or meat, served with a cold beer. You can experiment with some additional or other ingredients, depending on what you want to serve with it. Enjoy!
Top Review by Pesto lover
This salad was a huge hit with DH, so much so that I almost didn't get any. He took this out of the fridge and ate most of it (I had halved the recipe). He said it was a great salad. High praise from someone who doesn't like pasta very much. It was so easy to make. The pickle juice added to the mayonnaise gave it wonderful flavor. I loved it too, and will be making this quite often. Thanks for sharing the recipe.
- 1 lb pasta noodles, cooked as directed and cooled (fusilli)
- 1⁄3 cup mayonnaise (or more)
- 2 -3 green onions, finely chopped
- 5 -6 gherkins, finely chopped (reserve pickling vinegar)
- 2 -3 eggs, hard boiled, cooled and chopped into tiny pieces (slice some for decoration if you like)
- 1⁄4 cup fresh parsley, finely chopped