German Mushroom Stuffed Roast
- Lightly salt and pepper steak, and spread one side with mustard.
- Heat vegetable oil in pan, and saute half of onions and all of mushrooms 3-4 minutes until limp.
- Stir in parsley, chives, butter and bread crumbs.
- Spread stuffing on mustard side of steak, and roll tightly, securing with string.
- In large dutch oven or casserole, saute bacon and remaining onion until lightly browned.
- Add the meat roll and brown on all sides.
- Stir in beef broth or water and beef bouillon, cover and simmer 1 hour.