Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
These are made in large (texas) size muffin tins. Can also be made as one large one in a baking tin.
- 2 apples (peeled & cut into pieces)
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2⁄3 cup flour
- 5 tablespoons sugar
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 3 eggs
- 1 pinch salt
- 2 tablespoons butter
- icing sugar, for dusting
- whipped cream, for serving
- Heat oven to 450'F.
- Grease the insides of 6 large muffin tins with a little butter & sprinkle in a little sugar and tip to coat.
- Toss the apple pieces with the cinnamon, brown sugar and lemon juice.
- Over a medium heat melt a little butter and add the apple pieces.
- Cook gently for 10-12 minutes until lightly caramelised.
- Leave to cool for about 5 minutes.
- Divide evenly into the 6 muffin pans.
- Melt the 2Tbsp of butter and add with the flour, sugar, milk, eggs & pinch salt to a food processor and mix together for 3 minutes.
- Pour batter evenly over the apples and bake for 15 minutes. (if making as one large, cook for 20minutes).
- Tip out from tins so that apples are on top.
- Dust with a little icing sugar.
- Serve with whipped cream.
Taste was great - I did it in a cast iron skillet as one pancake and it burned a tad, next time if I use cast iron I'll check it earlier. Great flavors though and puffed up beautifully. Served with honey. Made for Best of 2009 tag game.
5 Stars all the way! We loved this recipe. I made in one pan, served topped with a little powdered sugar and added a little almond extract to the whipped cream. Not overly sweet. So, so good. We'll be making these again.Thanks for sharing the recipe.
I made these for my husbands birthday breakfast this morning. He LOVES Apple pancakes!! He gave these a 10 thumbs up!! I did add ALOT more cinnamon to the apples however. 1/2 tsp just wasn't going to be enough IMO. I also used turbinado sugar in the bottom of the muffin pan to give it a little crunch (it was divine!!). I will definitely be making these again!! The only thing I wished I had done was take a picture before we devoured them! They were VERY pretty. I baked them the full 15 minutes in a 400 degree convection oven. Delicious!! Thank you for a delicious birthday breakfast recipe!!