Prep 30 mins
Cook 45 mins
My daughter always asked me to make this on her birthday
- 3⁄4 lb ground beef
- 1⁄4 lb ground pork
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 tablespoons soft breadcrumbs
- 3 tablespoons cold water
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 2 tablespoons parsley
- 3 hard-boiled eggs, sliced
- 4 tablespoons oil
- 2 slices bacon, chopped
- 2 slices bacon, cut in half
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1⁄4 cup cold water
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- Combine meats, onion, bread crumbs, 3T cold water and 2 eggs.
- Season with salt paprika, dry mustard, parsley, blend well and flatten into an 8" pan.
- Remove from pan and arrange the slices of hard boiled eggs in a row in middle of meat.
- Fold the side of meat over eggs,and shape into a loaf.
- Cook 2 diced strips of bacon in 4T oil and brown the meatloaf on all sides.
- Place in roasting pan; place 4 half-strips of bacon on top; bake 350 about 45 minutes.
- Baste often with beef broth, when done drain.
- Add cornstarch to wate, stir into pan juices aand cook until thick.
- Remove from heat and add sour cream.
- Pour over top of meatloaf when serving.