Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
My husband loves kraut and meat loaf, so we tweeked a couple ingredients from one we found in the newspaper and came up with one we really like.
- 1 (10 ounce) can sauerkraut, drained
- 2 cups soft cubed rye bread
- 3⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon caraway seed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 lbs ground beef (you can use half beef and 1/4 veal and 1/4 pork if you prefer)
- Mix all ingredients together and place in abaking 8" x 10" baking dish.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 1 1/2 hours.
- Serve with baked potato or homemade noodles.
This is the best meatloaf that I have EVER had! I think the rye bread and caraway seeds really make this great. The sauerkraut is real mild in this dish. This is our new household favorite dish!