German Meatballs with Sauerkraut
- In a mixing bowl, combine ground beef and pork, onion, breadcrumbs, parsley, salt,
pepper, garlic, Worcestershire, egg, and milk.
- Shape into 1½" to 2" meatballs, and chill until set.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet, and brown the meatballs on all sides.
- Remove meatballs, and drain fat from pan, leaving browned bits in bottom.
- Add sauerkraut and juice to skillet, and top with meatballs.
- Cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until meatballs are done.
- Add water or wine if necessary to keep sauerkraut moist.
- Sprinkle with parsley for garnish.
- Serve with buttered boiled potatoes.