German Meatballs With Cream Dill Gravy
- Combine beef, breadcrumbs, water, onions, egg, 1 1/2 teaspoon of the salt, and pepper in a large bowl; mix lightly.
- Shape into 24 meatballs. Place on a jelly-roll pan. Bake in a hot oven (400°) for 15 minutes, or until browned.
- Meanwhile, heat butter in a medium-size saucepan. Add flour; cook until bubbly.
- Remove from heat; gradually stir in milk until smooth.
- Return to heat; cook until thickened, stirring constantly.
- Stir in dill and the remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt.
- Spoon over meatballs.
- Serve with hot buttered noodles, if you wish.