Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
Posting for ZWT6! Found at http://www.tasty-german-recipe.com/
- 500 g minced beef or 500 g pork
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 -2 dinner roll (bread)
- 1 egg
- salt and pepper
- milk (a little)
- chili powder (to taste)
- Put the 1-2 bread rolls into a bowl with some milk to cover and leave for half an hour.
- Meanwhile put the minced meat into a mixing bowl. Chop the onion very finely and add to the meat mixture.
- Season with a little salt and pepper. Crack the egg into a cup (this ensures that egg shell is not included) and add to the mixture. Knead with your fingers (this is where the children can help) or use an electric hand-whisk.
- Take the bread rolls from the bowl and squeeze them with your hands to ensure that the moisture is squeezed out. Chop the bread into small pieces.
- Add the bread to the meatball mixture and knead again to make sure that everything is thoroughly mixed together. At this stage you can add herbs or chili powder if liked.
- Take a spoonful of the meatball mixture and shape it into a ball with your hands. It is up to you regarding the size. For parties I tend to make smaller ones.
- Roll the ball into the breadcrumb mixture until well coated.Put the ball onto a plate and flatten slightly with your hands.
- Heat some cooking oil (I tend to use rape or sunflower oil) in a pan and fry on both sides until golden brown and cooked through.
- Enjoy this quick-and-easy meatball recipe:.
- In a roll as a snack.
- With my German potato salad recipe.
- Serve at parties or on the barbecue.
- This is such an easy and fun kid recipe that you and your children will want to cook this meatball recipe again and again.
Very tasty dish! Tastes somewhat like small individual meat loaves. I think I would make these with a little less breadcrumbs, especially if you have leftovers and want to make a sandwish! Had German Cucumber Salad to accompany it. Thnx for sharing your recipe, cookin_nurse. Made for ZWT6 as a member of the Voracious Vagabonds.