1/2 Photos of German Meat Cakes
Thanks to Uncle Phaedrus, Finder of Lost Recipes at www.hungrybrowser.com/phaedrus, this recipe for the meat patties found in real German delis is here for your delight.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a large bowl, place ground meats*, softened white.
- 2bread, beaten egg, chopped onion, salt, beef stock and pepper; mix thoroughly.
- 3Shape mixture into flat cakes, 1/2-inch thick, using a level 1/3 cup measure and a spatula.
- 4In an 11 to 12-inch skillet, heat vegetable oil.
- 5Add meat cakes; brown quickly on both sides; lower heat and cook.
- 6slowly for 15 to 20 minutes.
- 7*Whilewe all don't have meat grinders on hand, you can alwalys"super chop" meats to tiny bits to get the ground effect if any of these meats are not available ground in your area.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for German Meat Cakes
Serving Size: 1 (166 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 459.9
- Calories from Fat 319
- Total Fat 35.5 g
- Saturated Fat 8.9 g
- Cholesterol 127.5 mg
- Sodium 375.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 1.1 g
- Protein 26.2 g