1/1 Photo of German Lowenbrau (Löwenbräu) Coleslaw
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Wash the cabbage under cold running water.
- 2Remove tough outer leaves, and cut the cabbage into quarters.
- 3To shred the cabbage, cut out the core and slice the quarters crosswise into 1/8 inch-wide strips.
- 4Drop the cabbage into a large mixing bowl.
- 5Add the onion and bell pepper, and mix well with a spoon.
- 6In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, beer, celery seed, salt and a few grindings of black pepper.
- 7Stir with a wire whisk until all the ingredients are blended.
- 8Pour the mixture over the cabbage and toss together gently but thoroughly.
- 9Taste for seasoning.
- 10Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate the coleslaw for about an hour before serving.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for German Lowenbrau (Löwenbräu) Coleslaw
Serving Size: 1 (140 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 152.2
- Calories from Fat 90
- Total Fat 10.0 g
- Saturated Fat 1.4 g
- Cholesterol 7.6 mg
- Sodium 375.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.8 g
- Sugars 6.2 g
- Protein 2.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: