Make and share this German Lowenbrau (Löwenbräu) Coleslaw recipe from Food.com.
- Wash the cabbage under cold running water.
- Remove tough outer leaves, and cut the cabbage into quarters.
- To shred the cabbage, cut out the core and slice the quarters crosswise into 1/8 inch-wide strips.
- Drop the cabbage into a large mixing bowl.
- Add the onion and bell pepper, and mix well with a spoon.
- In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, beer, celery seed, salt and a few grindings of black pepper.
- Stir with a wire whisk until all the ingredients are blended.
- Pour the mixture over the cabbage and toss together gently but thoroughly.
- Taste for seasoning.
- Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate the coleslaw for about an hour before serving.