1/1 Photo of German Liverwurst Dip
For those of us - and I know you're out there! - who really do like liverwurst. I love the stuff! This recipe came from my grandparents.
My Private Note
cup, ap ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup liverwurst
- 1/2 cup sour cream or 1/2 cup plain yogurt
- 2 tablespoons dried minced onion flakes or 1/4 cup fresh minced onion (red onion could be nice)
- 2 tablespoons dill pickle relish
- 1 tablespoon prepared Dijon mustard, to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/4-1/2 teaspoon garlic powder, to taste
- 1Blend the liverwurst and sour cream until smooth and creamy (adding extra sour cream to get to your preferred texture)- a food processor works well for this.
- 2Add all the other ingredients, mixing well, then place in serving bowl.
- 3Optional: if you want to be really decadent, top it with crumbled bacon.
- 4May be served at room temperature or chilled; makes about 1 3/4 cups of dip.
- 5Dippers: cucumber, celery, bell pepper strips, radishes, cauliflower, asparagus, cocktail rye bread, lavasch crackers, Wasa, etc.
Browse Our Top Sauces Recipes
Nutritional Facts for German Liverwurst Dip
Serving Size: 1 (172 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 177.1
- Calories from Fat 120
- Total Fat 13.4 g
- Saturated Fat 7.6 g
- Cholesterol 34.1 mg
- Sodium 339.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 4.5 g
- Protein 2.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: