Recipe by twissis
A few days ago I discovered a long-lost treasure trove of recipes I had copied while in Dallas & sent to Iceland for safe keeping. The effort was forgotten over time in the excitement of coming here & DH hid them so safely that it was nearly 4 yrs b4 I found them & realized what they were. In my pre-RZ cooking phase, I used 3 main recipe sources. My best guess is this may have been a Food Network recipe & I will be guessing w/ea I enter. This is treasure trove #1 & was chosen because I love lamb, German fare & using my crock pot often. Enjoy! (# of servings & times have been estimated)
- 907.18 g lean boneless lamb, cubed
- 29.58 ml olive oil
- 1 large onion (chopped)
- 354.88 ml beef broth
- 4.92 ml tarragon vinegar
- 118.29 ml flour
- 9.85 ml salt
- 2.46 ml dill seed
- 2.46 ml caraway seed
- 1.23 ml rosemary
- 29.58 ml flour
- 29.58 ml water
- 236.59 ml sour cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown lamb cubes in oil in a large skillet & drain well of any oil.
- Combine the 1st measure of flour w/the salt, dill seed, caraway seed & rosemary. Toss the lamb cubes in the mixture to coat thoroughly. Place the lamb cubes in a lightly oiled crock pot.
- Stir in remaining ingredients except the 2nd measure of flour, water & sour cream.
- Cover & cook on Low for 10-12 hours. Turn to High 30 min before you intend to serve.
- Combine the 2nd measure of flour w/water. Stir into the crock pot, cover & cook till thickened. Stir in sour cream.
- Serving Suggestion: Serve over hot buttered noodles & garnish w/additional sour cream.