1/1 Photo of German Lamb in Sour Cream (Crock Pot) (Aka Treasure Trove #1)
11 hrs 15 mins
A few days ago I discovered a long-lost treasure trove of recipes I had copied while in Dallas & sent to Iceland for safe keeping. The effort was forgotten over time in the excitement of coming here & DH hid them so safely that it was nearly 4 yrs b4 I found them & realized what they were. In my pre-RZ cooking phase, I used 3 main recipe sources. My best guess is this may have been a Food Network recipe & I will be guessing w/ea I enter. This is treasure trove #1 & was chosen because I love lamb, German fare & using my crock pot often. Enjoy! (# of servings & times have been estimated)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Brown lamb cubes in oil in a large skillet & drain well of any oil.
- 2Combine the 1st measure of flour w/the salt, dill seed, caraway seed & rosemary. Toss the lamb cubes in the mixture to coat thoroughly. Place the lamb cubes in a lightly oiled crock pot.
- 3Stir in remaining ingredients except the 2nd measure of flour, water & sour cream.
- 4Cover & cook on Low for 10-12 hours. Turn to High 30 min before you intend to serve.
- 5Combine the 2nd measure of flour w/water. Stir into the crock pot, cover & cook till thickened. Stir in sour cream.
- 6Serving Suggestion: Serve over hot buttered noodles & garnish w/additional sour cream.
Browse Our Top Lamb/Sheep Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lamb/Sheep Recipes
Nutritional Facts for German Lamb in Sour Cream (Crock Pot) (Aka Treasure Trove #1)
Serving Size: 1 (181 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 252.2
- Calories from Fat 143
- Total Fat 15.9 g
- Saturated Fat 6.7 g
- Cholesterol 47.7 mg
- Sodium 963.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 1.1 g
- Protein 12.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: