Lise in Indiana's Note:
Like warm German Potato Salad with Kielbasa - a hearty one-skillet meal, quick to fix. It's a favorite on crisp autumn days.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 8 medium potatoes
- 8 -10 slices thick-cut bacon
- 2 medium yellow onions
- 1 1/2 lbs kielbasa or 1 1/2 lbs smoked sausage
- 1/3 cup chicken stock
- 2/3 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon German mustard
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt (or to taste)
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar (or to taste)
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh parsley, for garnish
- 1Peel potatoes (if desired) and place in lightly salted water to cover in a saucepan.
- 2Cook at a medium boil till barely tender, 15 to 18 minutes.
- 3Meanwhile, in a large heavy skillet, cook the bacon strips to desired crispness and remove bacon to absorbent paper.
- 4You should have at least 3 Tbs. of drippings in the skillet (add a little oil or more bacon fat, if needed).
- 5Saute the onions in the dripping over medium-low heat until golden.
- 6Heat the remaining ingredients to boiling (a 2-cup glass measuring cup in the microwave is fine).
- 7Drain and thickly slice the potatoes while still warm. Add to the onions in the skillet and turn gently to coat with drippings.
- 8Reduce heat to low and pour the hot dressing over all and again, turn gently to coat evenly.
- 9Cut sausage into 1-2 inch slices and briefly sauté in a bit oil (in the same pot the potatoes were cooked in; saves a pan to clean), till browned slightly.
- 10Add sausage slices to skillet and turn gently to coat evenly.
- 11Chop bacon to desired size (not too small) and add to skillet.
- 12Sprinkle with fresh parsley and serve hot or warm.
Browse Our Top < 60 Mins Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All < 60 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for German Kielbasa and Potatoes
Serving Size: 1 (365 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 645.7
- Calories from Fat 325
- Total Fat 36.1 g
- Saturated Fat 12.1 g
- Cholesterol 82.4 mg
- Sodium 1442.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 57.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.9 g
- Sugars 6.6 g
- Protein 21.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: