1/3 Photos of German Kasekuchen
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups unbleached flour, Sifted
- 4 tablespoons butter, No Margarine
- 1/2 cup sugar, Granulated
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1CRUST: In a large mixing bowl, blend all the ingredients, cutting in the butter and working the mixture with your hands until it is well mixed and workable.
- 2Divide the dough into 2 equal portions.
- 3Use one half to line the bottom of a greased 9-inch springform pan, the other half to line the sides of the pan.
- 4Either roll out the dough or press it in with your fingers.
- 5Chill before filling.
- 6CHEESECAKE: Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- 7Press the cottage cheese through a sieve.
- 8Combine the cornstarch and the baking soda and set aside.
- 9In a large mixing bowl, combine the cottage cheese with the sugar, eggs, lemon rind and vanilla.
- 10Beat until very smooth.
- 11Add the dry mixture to the cheese and blend well.
- 12Stir in the sour cream and raisins.
- 13Pour the cheese mixture into the prepared crust and bake for one hour, or until done.
- 14The center will remain soft.
- 15Turn off the oven and prop the door open.
- 16Allow the cake to cool to room temperature.
- 17Serve at room temperature as well.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for German Kasekuchen
Serving Size: 1 (193 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 467.3
- Calories from Fat 135
- Total Fat 15.0 g
- Saturated Fat 8.5 g
- Cholesterol 137.5 mg
- Sodium 499.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 69.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 39.0 g
- Protein 14.8 g