Prep 8 mins
Cook 22 mins
German Jaeger Schnitzel is traditionally made from pork, accompanied by a creamy mushroom Jaeger sauce. If liked you can make it out of turkey or chicken if you do not like pork. This recipe is perfct served over spaetzel, but is great with potatoes and veggies if you prefer.
- 4 pork fillets (approx. each 200g)
- salt and pepper
- 100 g cooked ham, cubed
- 100 g mixed mushrooms, sliced
- 4 tablespoons oil
- 1⁄2 bunch parsley, chopped
- 100 ml sherry wine
- 150 ml meat broth
- 100 ml cream
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- Wash the meat and dry thoroughly with kitchen paper. Season both sides with salt and pepper.
- Heat the oil in the pan and when hot fry the Schnitzel on both sides until brown and cooked through; Take the meat from the pan and keep warm.
- Fry the finely chopped onion, ham and mushrooms for a couple of minutes then add the sherry to the pan and bring to the boil.
- Add the meat broth and cream.
- Heat the sauce through, but do not boil.
- Add the parsley and serve over spaetzel (or potatoes if preferred).
I am so grateful that this is a pork recipe Hubby hates veal but I love it. Thanks again!
This was really good over our spaetzli and pork chops (we breaded them with Italian bread crumbs and parmesan cheese). The prep time was about twice the 30 minutes stated though.
Wonderful dish! The only thing about it we did not like had nothing to do with the recipe. The pork I used was the correct cut of meat but was tough and leathery. Bad butcher. I will definitely be making this again (and again) because we loved the sauce!
I did have to make one change. I had ham set aside and when it came time to start dinner found that DH had made a sandwich or two with it. At 6pm I wasn't going to the store so I used thick cut bacon sliced in to lardons. It was great! Next time I would boil the sauce to thicken it up some. I use 35% cream and it can take a boil without separating. Scrumptious sauce though and I'm thinking that it would be awesome to use as a topping for steaks. Thanks for posting Chelle and keep on FIGHTING LIKE A GIRL!!!!