Recipe by Mommy Diva
German Jaeger Schnitzel is traditionally made from pork, accompanied by a creamy mushroom Jaeger sauce. If liked you can make it out of turkey or chicken if you do not like pork. This recipe is perfct served over spaetzel, but is great with potatoes and veggies if you prefer.
- 4 pork fillets (approx. each 200g)
- salt and pepper
- 100 g cooked ham, cubed
- 100 g mixed mushrooms, sliced
- 4 tablespoons oil
- 1⁄2 bunch parsley, chopped
- 100 ml sherry wine
- 150 ml meat broth
- 100 ml cream
- 1 onion, finely chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Wash the meat and dry thoroughly with kitchen paper. Season both sides with salt and pepper.
- Heat the oil in the pan and when hot fry the Schnitzel on both sides until brown and cooked through; Take the meat from the pan and keep warm.
- Fry the finely chopped onion, ham and mushrooms for a couple of minutes then add the sherry to the pan and bring to the boil.
- Add the meat broth and cream.
- Heat the sauce through, but do not boil.
- Add the parsley and serve over spaetzel (or potatoes if preferred).