1/2 Photos of German Jaeger Schnitzel
Mommy Diva's Note:
German Jaeger Schnitzel is traditionally made from pork, accompanied by a creamy mushroom Jaeger sauce. If liked you can make it out of turkey or chicken if you do not like pork. This recipe is perfct served over spaetzel, but is great with potatoes and veggies if you prefer.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Wash the meat and dry thoroughly with kitchen paper. Season both sides with salt and pepper.
- 2Heat the oil in the pan and when hot fry the Schnitzel on both sides until brown and cooked through; Take the meat from the pan and keep warm.
- 3Fry the finely chopped onion, ham and mushrooms for a couple of minutes then add the sherry to the pan and bring to the boil.
- 4Add the meat broth and cream.
- 5Heat the sauce through, but do not boil.
- 6Add the parsley and serve over spaetzel (or potatoes if preferred).
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for German Jaeger Schnitzel
Serving Size: 1 (317 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 506.2
- Calories from Fat 271
- Total Fat 30.1 g
- Saturated Fat 9.7 g
- Cholesterol 114.8 mg
- Sodium 82.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 6.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 2.1 g
- Protein 28.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: