Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Posting for Zaar World Tour 06
- 6 slices bacon, chopped
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup shredded carrot
- 1⁄2 cup cider vinegar
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 2 hardboiled egg, chopped
- 4 cups cooked rice
- In a large skillet, cook bacon until crisp.
- Pour off the fat, RESERVING 2 tbsp of the bacon grease.
- Return the 2 tbsp reserved bacon grease to skillet; add onions, carrots, vinegar, sugar, water, salt, pepper. Cook until onions and carrots are tender.
- Add parsley, chopped hb egg and cooked rice to skillet. Stir frequently and heat through, about 5 minutes.
- Serve warm.
This was good, but I think that I will use only one egg or no eggs at all the next time I make this, the cooked egg taste seemed to overpower the dish, also I did make some minor amount adjustments, thanks for sharing hon, we enjoyed this!...Kitten:)
This was a great salad! Good for when you want something different from potato or macaroni salad. I served with Martini Guy's Chicken with White Barbecue Sauce (#171730).