Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
The best reminder of a German Christmastime for me. Really good with butter on each slice. Gets better after a few days wrapped in foil.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Grease a bread pan.
- Stir together all dry ingredients.
- Slowly heat up honey and sugar on a low flame.
- Then add milk while stirring honey mixture.
- Heat up but do not boil.
- Now add the warm liquid honey/milk mixture to the dry ingredients and stir well.
- Put it all into the greased bread pan.
- Bake at 350 F for approximately 40 minutes.
- Turn off the oven and leave cake in for another 5 - 10 minutes.
- Honey Cake needs to be stored in a cool and moist place, The best place would be a moist stone pot in which you put a slice of bread, to keep it moist.