Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
Pork and Veal Sausage
- 1⁄2 lb fresh veal
- 1 lb pork loin
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon grated nutmeg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon mace
- pork casing (wash and dry)
- Combine all ingredients; put through grinder 3 times.
- Mix with about 1/2 cup water; fill pork casings.
- BROILED BRATWURST: Cover bratwurst with hot water.
- Bring to a boil and remove from heat immediately.
- Let stand in the hot water a few minutes until firm.
- Drain; dip bratwurst in milk.
- Place in broiler and cook until golden brown under low to moderate heat.
- Serves 4.
- Luchow's German Cookbook.