This recipe is from Horst Mager owner of the Rheinlander in Portland, Oregon. We love the food at the Rheinlander and Gustav's(another of his restaurants)
- Cook potatoes in their jackets, until done.
- Cool slightly and peel.
- Cut into thin slices while still warm.
- In a non-stick skillet, add a mixture of canola oil and olive oil- just enough to coat the bottom of pan.
- Heat oil and add potato slices and onion.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Saute until golden brown.
- Sprinkle liberally with chopped chives or parsley.