Recipe by Lavender Lynn
This recipe is from Horst Mager owner of the Rheinlander in Portland, Oregon. We love the food at the Rheinlander and Gustav's(another of his restaurants)
Top Review by Susie D
I rarely fry potatoes anymore, but am so glad I tried these. I liked that the oil in this recipe just covers the pan. I microwaved the potatoes to speed things along and also left the peels on. The purple onion & garlic flavors came thru and I might even add more garlic next time. Crispy flavored potatoes were a treat! Made for the German Tag Game.
- 12 red potatoes, small
- 1 red onion, cut in julienne
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons chives or 2 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook potatoes in their jackets, until done.
- Cool slightly and peel.
- Cut into thin slices while still warm.
- In a non-stick skillet, add a mixture of canola oil and olive oil- just enough to coat the bottom of pan.
- Heat oil and add potato slices and onion.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Saute until golden brown.
- Sprinkle liberally with chopped chives or parsley.