1/10 Photos of German Home Fried Potatoes
Lavender Lynn's Note:
This recipe is from Horst Mager owner of the Rheinlander in Portland, Oregon. We love the food at the Rheinlander and Gustav's(another of his restaurants)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cook potatoes in their jackets, until done.
- 2Cool slightly and peel.
- 3Cut into thin slices while still warm.
- 4In a non-stick skillet, add a mixture of canola oil and olive oil- just enough to coat the bottom of pan.
- 5Heat oil and add potato slices and onion.
- 6Season with salt and pepper.
- 7Saute until golden brown.
- 8Sprinkle liberally with chopped chives or parsley.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for German Home Fried Potatoes
Serving Size: 1 (682 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 581.4
- Calories from Fat 132
- Total Fat 14.6 g
- Saturated Fat 1.6 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 116.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 104.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 11.3 g
- Sugars 9.4 g
- Protein 12.4 g