Prep 5 mins
Cook 6 mins
"Haselnusswaffeln mit Brombeercreme" from Germanfoods.org
- 9 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 ounce vanilla sugar
- 4 eggs
- 2⁄3 cup flour
- 1⁄2 cup cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 4 ounces heavy cream
- 3⁄4 cup finely ground hazelnuts
- 2⁄3 lb cream cheese
- 8 tablespoons blackberry jam
- 2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 1⁄3 lb blackberry
- confectioners' sugar, for dusting
- With an electric mixer, beat the melted butter with the sugar, vanilla sugar and eggs until fluffy.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, corn starch and baking powder.
- Add the dry ingredients and the cream gradually to the butter-egg-sugar mixture.
- Fold in the ground hazelnuts.
- Prepare waffles in preheated waffle maker.
- Combine the cream cheese, confectioners' sugar and blackberry jam until smooth.
- Serve the waffles with the cream and fresh blackberries.
- Dust with confectioners' sugar.
Wow, Mom2Rose, were these waffles excellent. Well worth the extra effort. Made exactly as written, wouldn't change a thing. The flavor and texture was outstanding. Crisp on the outside and tender on the inside. Thank you for sharing a recipe that I will make again soon for my sister's birthday. :)
this one was a big hit for brunch with company! i substituted two teaspoons of vanilla extract for the vanilla sugar. it made maybe five or six waffles with our deep belgian waffle iron. i had to get hazelnuts at a natural food store. i got a quarter pound of them and kept them in the freezer for maybe ten minutes, then i pulsed them in the food processer/blender to make a meal. it made just the right amount. this is a really quick recipe and i was happy about that! if the kitchen weren't so messy, then i'd say it was an under 10 minute recipe altogether, which is excellent :) the flavor was nutty and gave a nice hint of chocolate...somewhat like nutella. thanks for posting!