Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
These a great right off the griddle. Recipe came from a local newspaper. I just tweaked it a little bit.
- 1⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon prepared horseradish
- 1 tablespoon mustard
- 2 tablespoons onions, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons poppy seeds
- 8 slices deli ham
- 4 slices swiss cheese
- 8 slices rye bread
- Mix softened butter, horseradish, mustard, onion, and poppy seeds together
- Spread it all on 4 slices of bread.
- Top each bread slice with 1 slice ham, 1 slice cheese, and then another slice of ham. Top with slice of bread.
- Butter tops and bottoms of sandwiches.
- Grill on both sides until hot and cheese melts.
- Serve hot.
- Pineapple rings grilled until lightly browned makes a great side to these sandwiches.