Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
Tasty trout marinated in white wine and lemon. The Great International Barbecue Book
- 6 brook trout
- 9.85 ml salt
- 3.69 ml fresh ground black pepper
- 236.59 ml dry white wine
- 59.14 ml lemon juice
- 4.92 ml grated fresh lemon rind
- 8 bay leaves
- 118.29 ml melted butter
- lemon, quarters
- grilled tomatoes
- If the trout are frozen, thaw.
- Rinse and dry the fish, removing the heads if you like.
- Cut 3 shallow gashes on each side of the fish.
- Rub fish with the salt and pepper, and arrange side by side in an oblong pan or dish.
- Mix wine, lemon juice, and rind.
- Pour the mixture over fish and let marinate for 2 hours, turning a few times.
- Use a double-hinged wire grill and spread the bay leaves over one side.
- Drain the trout and arrange over the bay leaves.
- Brush top with melted butter.
- Close the grill, and place it 5 inches over heat.
- Grill 20 minutes; turn rack several times and baste the fish with melted butter.
- Discard bay leaves.
- Serve fish with lemon quarters and grilled tomatoes. Serves 6-12.
The bay leaves give a wonderful flavour to this easy to grill trout. The marination reduces somewhat grilling time. My trout was done to perfection in about 10 minutes. Thanks for this recipe.
Definitely a keeper! The bay leaf et al imparted a very nice flavor to the trout. Grill time was 10 minutes total---the fish was done to perfection! This is how we will make our fresh trout from now on. Thank you!