1/2 Photos of German Grilled Trout
Tasty trout marinated in white wine and lemon. The Great International Barbecue Book
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1If the trout are frozen, thaw.
- 2Rinse and dry the fish, removing the heads if you like.
- 3Cut 3 shallow gashes on each side of the fish.
- 4Rub fish with the salt and pepper, and arrange side by side in an oblong pan or dish.
- 5Mix wine, lemon juice, and rind.
- 6Pour the mixture over fish and let marinate for 2 hours, turning a few times.
- 7Use a double-hinged wire grill and spread the bay leaves over one side.
- 8Drain the trout and arrange over the bay leaves.
- 9Brush top with melted butter.
- 10Close the grill, and place it 5 inches over heat.
- 11Grill 20 minutes; turn rack several times and baste the fish with melted butter.
- 12Discard bay leaves.
- 13Serve fish with lemon quarters and grilled tomatoes. Serves 6-12.
Browse Our Top Trout Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Trout Recipes
Nutritional Facts for German Grilled Trout
Serving Size: 1 (229 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 405.6
- Calories from Fat 232
- Total Fat 25.8 g
- Saturated Fat 11.5 g
- Cholesterol 132.3 mg
- Sodium 968.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 2.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 0.6 g
- Protein 33.0 g