Recipe by Olha
Tasty trout marinated in white wine and lemon. The Great International Barbecue Book
Top Review by Thorsten
The bay leaves give a wonderful flavour to this easy to grill trout. The marination reduces somewhat grilling time. My trout was done to perfection in about 10 minutes. Thanks for this recipe.
- 6 brook trout
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 3⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh lemon rind
- 8 bay leaves
- 1⁄2 cup melted butter
- lemon, quarters
- grilled tomatoes
Directions See How It's Made
- If the trout are frozen, thaw.
- Rinse and dry the fish, removing the heads if you like.
- Cut 3 shallow gashes on each side of the fish.
- Rub fish with the salt and pepper, and arrange side by side in an oblong pan or dish.
- Mix wine, lemon juice, and rind.
- Pour the mixture over fish and let marinate for 2 hours, turning a few times.
- Use a double-hinged wire grill and spread the bay leaves over one side.
- Drain the trout and arrange over the bay leaves.
- Brush top with melted butter.
- Close the grill, and place it 5 inches over heat.
- Grill 20 minutes; turn rack several times and baste the fish with melted butter.
- Discard bay leaves.
- Serve fish with lemon quarters and grilled tomatoes. Serves 6-12.