Prep 15 mins
Cook 4 hrs
I have not made this yet. Adapted from Best of the Best of Georgia.
Make and share this German Goulash Soup recipe from Food.com.
- 453.59-680.38 g beef chuck, diced
- 59.16 ml margarine or 59.16 ml butter, melted
- 4 medium onions, chopped
- 2 clove garlic, minced
- 44.37 ml all-purpose flour
- 59.16 ml paprika
- 297.66 g can tomato puree
- 1892.0 ml beef broth or 1892.0 ml beef bouillon
- 283.49 g can beef consomme
- 2-3 potatoes, diced
- salt, to taste
- black pepper, to taste
- Brown beef in margarine on alll sides, without cooking all the way through.
- Add onions and garlic and saute until soft.
- Add flour, paprika, tomato puree, broth, consome, and potatoes.
- Season with salt& pepper to taste.
- Simmer 3 hours.
- Taster and adjust seasonings as needed.
This is sooo good, yummm. Ausgezeichnet!! I made this in the Crock Pot, cooked it for about 8 hours on low. I only had a 6 oz can of tomato paste, so I added about 1/2 cup of ketchup ( I had looked up some substitutions for puree) and I didn't have beef consomme, so I just left it out. It tasted exactly like the Gulasch- suppe my Mom used to make. Thank you for this great keeper recipe.
My husband ate Goulash Soup every day, when we were in Austria! :-) I have tried many recipes. BUT none came as close as yours!!! 10 STARS! For this one! :-)
This is a great recipe - a huge hit with my family. It is as good as the goulash soup that I had in Germany. The only things I changed was that I used Hungarian Sweet Paprika (start with less paprika and add to taste) and I added carrots and celery. Thanks for a great recipe.