Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
From the Hotel zur Alten Thorschenke in Cochem. Now that household-size smokers are available, this recipe is worth trying. The result is a very tasty smoked trout. No smoking time or method of smoking is given as instruction for the use of the individual smoker should be followed.
- Mix the salt, Worcestershire sauce and lemon juice and rub it all over the trout (inside and out).
- Mix the parsley and watercress and place it inside the trout.
- To smoke, follow the instructions attached to the smoker. Slow, cool smoking is recommended.
- Traditionally the smoked trout is served with boiled parsley or dill potatoes and a salad made from sliced apples with a cream and horse-radish dressing.
- German Traditional Cooking by Tony Schmaeling.