Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is on my Oktoberfest Day Menu along with my German Potato Salad, Sausage and Pumpernickel Bread.
- 1 head cabbage
- 4 tablespoons bacon grease
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup beer
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon caraway seed
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 lb kielbasa
- Slice cabbage in large stripes.
- Put bacon grease in large skillet.
- Place cabbage and remaining ingredients in skillet.
- Cover and cook until cabbage is tender, about 1 hour.
Just made this for dinner-DELISH! Quick, easy and affordable too. I carmelized two onions first, then I added it to the cabbage mixture. I left out the caraway, personal preference, but followed the recipe after that. This is a keeper! Thanks debbie.
yumm i can't wait to eat this. will review then.