2 hrs 10 mins
A great recipe for kids and adults who are really kids at heart! So easy to make. I got this recipe from my German friend Katja, who often brought it to a class we took together and made my lunch breaks very tasty indeed. I think you could sub shortening or butter for the coconut fat (Palmin) she used but I have not tried it, having only made this while in Germany.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Melt the shortening and let cool.
- 2Mix the eggs, salt and icing sugar together.
- 3Add the cocoa powder, coffee and rum as well as the lemon zest if using.
- 4Add shortening when cool.
- 5Line a small loaf pan with aluminium foil or wax paper.
- 6Layer the cookies, then cover with some of the chocolate mix. Repeat.
- 7Sprinkle with nuts on top.
- 8Cool 2 hours in the fridge, slice and enjoy.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for German Fridge Cake
Serving Size: 1 (74 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 233.8
- Calories from Fat 52
- Total Fat 5.7 g
- Saturated Fat 2.7 g
- Cholesterol 93.9 mg
- Sodium 287.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 40.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 28.6 g
- Protein 3.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: