1/2 Photos of German Farmer's Salad (Bauernsalat)
I got this recipe of my mum this Christmas. She had made it for Christmas Eve and the more I ate of it, the more I liked it. I usually prefer mayonnaise, but in this recipe miracle whip works better. This works best if you make it a day in advance and leave the flavours to develop. Bologna is called 'Feine Schinkenwurst' or 'Feine Fleischwurst' in Germany and you might find it in some supermarkets sold as such. I know in the UK you can get it in a ring in Aldi.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cut the sausage, cheese and apples into small, even cubes.
- 2Slice the eggs.
- 3Chop the onion really fine and mix in a large bowl with the miracle whip, yoghurt, mustard, dill pickle liquid and sugar.
- 4Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- 5Add all other ingredients and mix. Be careful not to break up the eggs to much.
- 6Cover and place in the fridge for at least 6 hours but preferably overnight.
- 7The longer you allow it to stand the better the flavour.
- 8If you feel the salad is too dry, mix a little more of the sauce and add it to your liking.
Browse Our Top German Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All German Recipes
Nutritional Facts for German Farmer's Salad (Bauernsalat)
Serving Size: 1 (186 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 340.1
- Calories from Fat 207
- Total Fat 23.0 g
- Saturated Fat 10.7 g
- Cholesterol 152.3 mg
- Sodium 1116.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.8 g
- Sugars 12.8 g
- Protein 15.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: