Prep 30 mins
Cook 10 mins
This sounds like a good, heavy breakfast my husband would love! I haven't fixed this yet, I'm submitting it for the Zaar World Tour 2006. But I'm a-thinkin' I'll be fixing it for him soon! I wonder about whether to stir this concoction near the end, the recipe doesn't say! I would just eyeball and do what I think is right for me. (Edit: This recipe has gone into my "Tried and True" file, we love it! )
- 4 medium sized potatoes
- 4 slices bacon, cubed up
- 3 eggs
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup ham, cooked and diced
- 2 tomatoes, peeled, diced
- 1 tablespoon chives, snipped
- Boil unpeeled potatoes until tender, drain and let cool.
- Slice or dice potatoes.
- In large frying pan cook bacon until translucent.
- Add the potato slices, cook until lightly browned.
- Meanwhile, blend eggs with milk and salt.
- Stir in cubed ham.
- Add tomatoes to egg mixture.
- Pour the egg mixture over the potatoes in the skillet.
- Cook until eggs are set.
- Sprinkle with chopped chives and serve at once.
Loved it! Only thing I added was lots of pepper.
We all loved This breakfast. I did stir after adding the eggs, and left out the tomatoes because of personal preference. Made for ZWT6.
Great breakfast! I love this type of meal where you add everything together. Thanks Lynn for yet another keeper. Made by an Unruly Under the Influence for ZWT6.