Recipe by Olha
This is a very refreshing low calorie dessert that comes from the kitchens of Hans Peter Vadat at the Hotel Nassauer Hof in Wiesbaden, Germany.
ANY 3 OR 4 OF THE FOLLOWING FRUITS
- 2 large ripe mangoes, peeled and pitted
- 2 large ripe papayas, peeled and seeded
- 4 ripe kiwi fruits, peeled and seeded
- 3 apples, peeled, cored, and poached until tender
- 3 ripe bananas, peeled
- 3 ripe pears, peeled and cored
- 3 cups berries (strawberries, blueberries, or raspberries)
- fresh lemon juice
- 6 whole berries, for garnish
Directions See How It's Made
- Choose 3 or 4 of the fruits that contrast in color, such as mangos, pears, and strawberries.
- In the container of a food processor or blender, separately puree each type of fruit until it is smooth. Wash out the container between fruits. If apples, bananas, or pears are used, add 1 teaspoon of lemon juice to the fruit while pureeing to prevent discoloration.
- Place about 1/4 cup of each fruit puree side by side in a shallow, single serving dish Lightly tap the bottom of each dish to settle the purees. With a knife or a chopstick, swirl the fruit purees into a colorful pattern. Garnish each serving with a whole berry. Makes 6 servings.
- Burt Wolf * Eating Well.