Recipe by Polar Bear
Translated from the original German recipe by Maria Hedwig Stuber. Posted by request. Mortadella is a light pink flat round sausage in the deli section. Variation is provided below. The Italian version is mild-flavored while there is an excellent German mortadella flavored with tiny bits of olives and pistacchios.
- 300 g mortadella
- 300 g leeks, white parts only
- 250 g boiled colored twist pasta
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 tablespoon sweet mustard
- 2 teaspoons vinegar
- little salt
- 2 teaspoons salad oil
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream or 1⁄2 cup plain yogurt
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut the sausage into thick slices and further into stripes.
- Leek is cut into thin rings and plunged in boiling water.
- Mix all ingredients with the mustard, pepper, and marinade and sprinkle herbs on top.
- Variation: If you prefer to omit the sour cream, add a little bit more oil.