1/4 Photos of German Deli Cucumber Salad (Gurkensalat)
Polar Bear's Note:
Translated from the German recipe of Maria Hedwig Stuber. Posted by request.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 big cucumber
- 1/2 garlic clove
- 1 small chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons dill (use a combination) or 2 tablespoons parsley (use a combination) or 2 tablespoons borage (use a combination)
- 1For marinade: mix all ingredients, oil comes last; mix well.
- 2Then cut the cucumber to fine slices using a potato peeler.
- 3Sprinkle salt on them and let it rest for 20 minutes.
- 4Drain liquid released by the cucumber.
- 5Mix the cucumber slices with the onion and marinade and add the herbs.
- 6Variation: You can add black olives and cubes of sheep´s or goat´s cheese.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for German Deli Cucumber Salad (Gurkensalat)
Serving Size: 1 (131 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 140.9
- Calories from Fat 115
- Total Fat 12.8 g
- Saturated Fat 4.7 g
- Cholesterol 12.6 mg
- Sodium 17.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 5.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 2.0 g
- Protein 1.5 g