1/1 Photo of German Cucumber Salad with Sour Cream
1 hr 20 mins
This is a very light, tasty salad, and not sweet like many cucumber salads. It's very refreshing with a tangy bite from the green onions. I used dried herbs, of course using less, and it was still very tasty. I got the recipe many years ago from a recipe board online, but do not remember the source. However, it was attributed to a man who made this for his guests at an inn he ran in Germany. I included slicing the vegetables in the approximate time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 medium cucumbers, peeled and sliced thin
- 4 green onions, sliced thin (both white & green parts)
- 3 small tomatoes, sliced
- 2 tablespoons fresh snipped parsley
- 1In a bowl, combine all the salad ingredients.
- 2In another small bowl, mix together well all the dressing ingredients.
- 3Pour over the cucumber salad mixture and toss gently.
- 4Cover and chill for at least an hour.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for German Cucumber Salad with Sour Cream
Serving Size: 1 (172 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 47.8
- Calories from Fat 20
- Total Fat 2.2 g
- Saturated Fat 1.2 g
- Cholesterol 5.3 mg
- Sodium 211.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 6.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 3.4 g
- Protein 1.5 g