Recipe by Dreamer in Ontario
I grew up eating this salad and love it. It's a bit different than most North American cucumber salads I've seen as there is no sour cream in it, only a simple oil and vinegar dressing. Usually it's been made using only cucumbers but sometime cooked green and/or yellow beans and/or tomatoes are added. The quantity of oil and vinegar dressing may need to be adjusted if additional veggies are used.
Top Review by Papa D 1946-2012
Delicious cucumber salad, which made for an excellent side dish to Recipe #476734 that I had last night for supper. I used extra virgin olive oil with balsamic vinegar and pepper. Thanks for posting! Made for More Than Sauerkraut & Dumplings in the German Forum.
- 2 English cucumbers, sliced very thin
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 red onions or 1⁄4-1⁄2 white onion, diced
- cherry tomatoes, halved (optional)
- green beans, cooked until tender crisp (optional)
- 3 tablespoons salad oil
- 1 -2 tablespoon vinegar or 1 -2 tablespoon salata seasoned vinegar
- 1 pinch salt
- fresh ground pepper, to taste
- sugar, to taste (optional)