1/4 Photos of German Cucumber Salad
Dreamer in Ontario's Note:
I grew up eating this salad and love it. It's a bit different than most North American cucumber salads I've seen as there is no sour cream in it, only a simple oil and vinegar dressing. Usually it's been made using only cucumbers but sometime cooked green and/or yellow beans and/or tomatoes are added. The quantity of oil and vinegar dressing may need to be adjusted if additional veggies are used.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 English cucumbers, sliced very thin
- 1/4-1/2 red onions or 1/4-1/2 white onion, diced
- cherry tomatoes, halved (optional)
- green beans, cooked until tender crisp (optional)
- 3 tablespoons salad oil
- 1 -2 tablespoon vinegar or 1 -2 tablespoon salata seasoned vinegar
- 1 pinch salt
- fresh ground pepper, to taste
- sugar, to taste (optional)
- 1Place sliced cucumbers, chopped onions and other veggies if using in a large bowl.
- 2In a small bowl, whisk salad oil, vinegar, salt and pepper together.
- 3Pour dressing over cucumbers and mix well.
- 4Adjust seasonings and add a bit of sugar if needed.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for German Cucumber Salad
Serving Size: 1 (175 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 115.5
- Calories from Fat 92
- Total Fat 10.3 g
- Saturated Fat 1.4 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 42.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 6.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 2.8 g
- Protein 1.0 g