Prep 0 mins
Cook 20 mins
I adapted this recipe combining two recipes from my German and Czech Cookbooks to fit the description of the poster's request. Enjoy it.
- 4 slice bacon
- 1 onion, chopped
- 4 cucumbers, peeled & thinly sliced
- 59.16 ml vinegar (can use apple cider vinegar)
- 4.92 ml sugar
- 14.79 ml cornstarch
- 2.46 ml salt
- 1.23 ml pepper
- In a hot skillet, fry bacon and remove from pan. Save one tablespoon of bacon grease and fry chopped onion and cucumber slices.
- Add vinegar, sugar, cornstarch, salt and pepper. Simmer in low heat until done. Crumble in bacon.
- Cool and refrigerate for flavors to blend. It can be serve with sandwiches, if you like.
- UPDATE - MY PERSONAL NOTE: I made this recipe and liked the combination of flavors, except for the vinegar that is a little acid for my taste buds, so next time I will mix the cornstarch with water instead of the apple cider vinegar.