Recipe by pink cook
I adapted this recipe combining two recipes from my German and Czech Cookbooks to fit the description of the poster's request. Enjoy it.
- 4 slices bacon
- 1⁄2 onion, chopped
- 4 cucumbers, peeled & thinly sliced
- 4 tablespoons vinegar (can use apple cider vinegar)
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- In a hot skillet, fry bacon and remove from pan. Save one tablespoon of bacon grease and fry chopped onion and cucumber slices.
- Add vinegar, sugar, cornstarch, salt and pepper. Simmer in low heat until done. Crumble in bacon.
- Cool and refrigerate for flavors to blend. It can be serve with sandwiches, if you like.
- UPDATE - MY PERSONAL NOTE: I made this recipe and liked the combination of flavors, except for the vinegar that is a little acid for my taste buds, so next time I will mix the cornstarch with water instead of the apple cider vinegar.