Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
Delicious and easy to make. A great brownie.
Make and share this German Cream Cheese Brownies recipe from Food.com.
- Melt chocolate and 3 tbsps. butter over very low heat, stirring constantly. Cool.
- Cream remaining butter with the cream cheese until softened. Gradually add 1/4 cup sugar, creaming until light and fluffy. Stir in one egg, 1 tablespoon flour, and 1/2 teaspoon vanilla until blended. Set aside.
- Beat remaining eggs until fluffy and light in color.
- Gradually add remaining 3/4 cup sugar, beating until thickened.
- Fold in baking powder, salt, and remaining 1/2 cup flour.
- Blend in cooled chocolate mixture. Stir in nuts, almond extract, and remaining 1 teaspoon vanilla. Measure 1 cup chocolate batter and set aside.
- Spread remaining chocolate batter in a greased 8 or 9 inch square pan.
- Pour cheese mixture over the top. Drop measured chocolate from tablespoon onto the cheese mixture; swirl the mixtures together with a spatula just to marble.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 35 to 40 minutes. Cool. Cut into bars or squares.
- Cover and store in refrigerator.
Have loved these since I was a kid in the 1960's. This recipe came from the back of Baker's German Sweet Chocolate Baking Chocolate Bars from waaay back in the 60's. Thanks for posting it here. These are chocolately with the rich sweet cream cheese swirls here and there. NO FAIL!